Transitioning from CAD to BIM takes a plan. We have extensive experience at helping firms transition from CAD to BIM. The key steps in the plan are:
1) Identify Needs & Goals
2) Standards Review - review current standards and recently completed projects.
3) Develop Master Template - contains office standard graphic conventions.
4) Develop Libraries - components and details.
5) Installation\Centralize Standards - The template and libraries need to be placed in a centralized location.
6) Identify First Project & Schedule Training
7) Project Consulting\Support - get a BIM Expert on your project team.
For the most part, modeling in BIM is an assembly process. The key to productivity is making sure everyone has ready access to all the components\resources they need. The key steps are:
1) Develop Custom Template - Capture Graphic Conventions\Standards in Templates.
2) Centralize your Libraries - Component and Detail Libraries.
3) Library Managment Services - We'll keep your libraries up to date for you on a monthly basis.
CAD \ Revit & Navisworks Training
The key to learning AND retaining new software skills is to make training applicable to your project, and then to apply those new skills right away. We achieve this through:
1) Project Based Training - Build your own project during training.
2) Custom Curricula - Each session custom to fit your team and project
3) Flexible Scheduling - Full Day\Half Day Sessions - On-Site, Off-Site or Remote
4) Trainers with EXTENSIVE real world experience - No Junior Staff here.
5) Post Training Consulting\Support - Answers are close by.
The best way to ensure your projects are successful with BIM is to
1) On-Site Project Consulting - Regularly scheduled such as 1/2 day per week. Focus on streamlining team productivity and letting your staff focus on design.
2) Remote Project Consulting - Assist with BIM tasks such as library development as needed.
3) Remote Helpdesk - Keep things moving betwen visits. Call\Email and we'll answer questions right away.